Services Shoppers Talking Blog About Us Clients
Client Login Shopper Login
Shopper Question of the Week: “Will I Get a W-2 For My Taxes?”

Shopper Question of the Week: “Will I Get a W-2 For My Taxes?”

January 07, 2010

You will not receive a Form W-2 from Beyond Hello, as mystery shoppers are not employees, they are independent contractors. Independent contractors are responsible for their own tax withholding and tax liability. Beyond Hello does not withhold any portion of shopper fees for taxes. (Please be aware that all mystery shopping earnings are taxable by the IRS.)

Although you won’t receive a Form W-2, if you earn over $600 from Beyond Hello in a single calendar year as an independent contractor, you will receive a Form 1099. These will be issued by January 31.

To ensure you receive your Form 1099 (if applicable) in a timely manner, it is your responsibility to keep your mailing address current on your Shopper Profile. Now is a good time to check!

If you’d like to submit a question for our “Shopper Question of the Week,” please click here to contact us.

Reader Comments

06:50 AM
So if my total payment has been over $600 but my reimbursement takes it way under that number (like around $200) shoud I expect a w2?

Add Your Comment


Remember my personal information

Talking Shop

Taking the "Mystery" Out of Mystery Shopping

Welcome to "Talking Shop," Beyond Hello's blog. Find useful tips and tools for clients and mystery shoppers, industry news, secret shopping scam alerts, MSPA happenings, company announcements, and behind-the-scenes sneak peeks into the world of mystery shopping.


Subscribe via RSS

Client Connection
Shopper Spot

October 2014
September 2014
August 2014
February 2014
December 2013
November 2013
June 2013
January 2013
December 2012
July 2012
November 2011
August 2011